One of the most requested features, interval training, is now available in SportyPal.
Improve your performance by including interval training in your training routine. Choose between intervals by distance or by time, however it suits you best.
Choose workout type and set warm up and cool down time/distance.
Set the “High” interval – train at near maximum intensity
Set the “Low” interval – train at around 50% of the maximum intensity
Set the number of repetitions – usually between 6 and 10
Interval training is a subscription feature.
The new SportyPal Bike Addon for Android and iPhone – speedometer, cadence, board computer and ANT+™ sensor support
Bikers are a special crowd and we know that. That’s why we created the new SportyPal Bike Addon – with bigger speedometer, board computer, ANT+™™ cadence, speed, cadence & speed and even barometer sensor support *.
IMPORTANT: Sensors not included
*Built in barometer required
- New workout view, excellent for cyclists
- Bigger, clearly visible speedometer
- Display of current and maximum speed on the speedometer
- Display of cadence* (ova e link do store)
- Display of distance crossed
- ANT + cadence, speed and cadence & speed sensor support** (isto I ovie)
- Barometer measurement of the altitude changes***
- Configurable display of workout parameters – choose what you like to see
*sensor not included
**sensors not included; available on the iPhone with the Wahoo Key. Available on Android phones with ANT+™ support
***only on Android devices with a built in barometer
What is SportyPal Bike Addon?
SportyPal Bike Addon is the successor of the popular SportyPal Bike app for the iPhone.
I’m confused. Why is it an Addon now, when it used to be a separate app?
SportyPal is a platform. We are integrating all existing and future Addons into the SportyPal PRO/Coach app. We consider that it will be easier and much more convenient for you to customize the single SportyPal app according to your needs, with the Addons that you’ll make use of.
What’s different from the previous version?
The new SportyPal Bike Addon will support ANT+™ sensors for cadence, speed, cadence & speed combined. For those of you, who own a Sony Ericsson Xperia active (or another smartphone with a built in barometer), we can read the data from it for accurate altitude changes, promoting SportyPal into the first mobile tracking app in the World to utilize this technology.
The standard version of the SportyPal app supports both Bluetooth® and ANT+™ heart rates monitors, as well as stride sensors.
List of supported sensors by platform:
Android devices with ANT+™: all ANT+™ sensors as well as Bluetooth® heart rate monitors
iPhone: ANT+™ sensors only with the Wahoo Key; iPhone does NOT work with Bluetooth® heart rate monitors
If SportyPal Bike is an Addon, then how do I start it?
SportyPal Bike Addon is available for cycling workuts (cycling, mtb and road biking). You can enable it in “Settings”, by turning the “Bike view” on or off in the Android version. The iPhone version has a small button under the bar that will activate it.
SportyPal Bike Addon explained.
The idea of the SportyPal bike Addon is to enable you to have a better overview of your training data while riding a bike. That’s why we’ve put a big speedometer in the center of the screen. There are two arrows on the speedometer – blue and red. The blue arrow displays your current speed and the red one is the maximum speed.
There are two additional buttons in the upper left and right corner. The left button is the “Start workout” button and the right button shows the GPS signal strength.
After selecting a workout type, you can start excersizing. The current workout view shows different information depending on the workout mode (simple/goal; plan is not available at the moment).
1. Heart rate monitor status (red – unavailable or disconnected, green – OK).
2. Overall workout time – once you press start, this timer will be started. It will show the cumulative time of the workout.
3. The field is gray because this exercise type doesn’t have reps.
4. Back button – takes you to the SportyPal PRO indoor home screen.
5. Music player button.
1. Workout started
1. Exercise time – the time since the exercise started
2. Exercise list – list of the exercises in the current session.
NOTE: the progress bar is empty, because there isn’t a Heart Rate Addon actived.
2. Workout paused
1. Pause time – the time passed since the exercise was paused.
2. Overall workout time – once you press start, this timer will be started. It will show the cumulative time of the workout. It counts the time continuously, even when another exercise is started. It will stop counting when the workout is finished.
3. Use the scroll wheel to adjust the number of calories if you have more accurate data (usually when you don’t have a Heart Rate monitor, and the machine you’re working on has an accurate calorie calculator).
4. Stop – by pressing this button the workout will be finished. Att. pressing this button will finish the workout, not just the exercise.
5. Continue – press this button to continue the exercise.
6. Add exercise – edit the parameters of the current exercise (if needed), and then press this button to choose another exercise. The current exercise will be saved (available for review from the “exercise list” button or when the workout is finished, it can be previewed in the workout list).
A progress bar will be shown depending on the workout mode (simple or goal).
Note: You can change the progress display info by clicking on the progress bar.
Press the progress bar to switch to the Heart Rate Addon (if you have one).
Simple progress bar
Goal progress bar
Goal completion percentage.
Heart rate – progress bar
Your heart rate zone based on your current heart rate. (You need the “Heart Rate Addon” to be able to utilize this bar).
4. Workout type
- This is an image of your current workout type (Cycling is selected for the purpose of this example).
- This is a new icon that marks a multiple exercise workout. It is used in the workout list.
Here you can pause-stop-continue your workout and view the tracking map.
Bottom bar – starting workout
- Music player button
- Map button
Bottom bar – workout started
Exercise list. Displays a list of exercises you have completed in the ongoing session.
Pause slider. You need to slide the pause slider from left-to right to pause the workout.
Bottom bar – workout paused
The new SportyPal Pro indoor feature is much like the original SportyPal Pro app. They are created to be very similar, with some minor changes, due to the nature of the training. You can easily navigate and utilize it when going to the gym or on the field.
The biggest difference here is that one workout can, but doesn’t necessarily have to, include a number of exercises, e.g. if you go to the gym you will probably exercise on the treadmill, with the free weights, maybe do some sit ups and all that exercises will be a part of the workout.
Information about workouts, goals and more are explained bellow.
Before any exercise/goal is initiated, exercise type has to be selected. You can choose from number of exercises and that list will broaden in the future.
NOTE: Plans for the indoor aren’t available yet.
- One – click workout start: Every time the application is started, the gallery menu will be centered on the last selected workout type, thus enabling you to start your workout with just one click on the “Start” button (if your workout type is the same as your last workout).
Press this button to start a new workout. After pressing the “Start” button, the current workout screen is initiated.
Click this button to set your goal for the workout. The indoor “Goal” feature has two adjustable parameters – time and calories burned. “Distance” can’t be added, because the application and the gym machine can not communicate with each other.
Create Time or Calorie based goals by adjusting the scroll wheel.
Note: If a time based goal is set, then a calorie suggestion will be made.
4. Plan button
The plans for the indoor will be separately developed and ready for a future update. We are considering adding different functionality here. That’s why the “Plan” button can not be clicked in this version.
This tab displays the details of your workouts for this month, your workouts for the entire year and the progress for your last plan. All tabs are explained next.
Info about current month progress is displayed here.
- These icons show the activity types that you were engaged in, in the ongoing month.
- The total number of workouts done from the start of the month.
- Total time spent working out from the start of the month.
- Total number of calories burned from the start of the month.
- Calendar progress:
- The green part shows how close you are to reaching your best month (NOTE: since this is the first month of using the app, the bar is empty)
Hint: You can click anywhere under the progress bar to explore the Month\Year view
Info about the last months is displayed here.
- General information about the month. Click this item to explore the workouts done in that month.
- The progress bar is a comparison between the displayed month and the best month in the year. The bar is completely green if that is the best month of the year.
- Number of workouts done in the month. NOTE: a workout can be a single exercise or a number of exercises done in a single session (routine).
- Total number of calories burned for the month.
Uhm guys? Regular Sportypal seems more accurate again without data connection, but with the app GPS Status.
I must note, that with GPS Status, I update the a-GPS data on WiFi, before I go out. Then the problems seem solved! At least for me. Perhaps others find this interesting to know. Also, with GPS Status, Trackerbooster becomes unnecessary.
Also, after quite some investigation, I noticed SportyPal for some reason seems to get a faster fix when letting SportyPal open up Location Settings to enable GPS. Therefore my advice is to leave GPS off before starting SportyPal. So make sure that the option “GPS required” in the app GPS Status is switched off, so you’ll only use that App to download the assisted GPS data.
1. Previous song
2. Play song
3. Next song
4. Song info
5. Volume control
6. Back button
7. Shuffle button
8. Repeat button
9. Playlist button
Create playlist and listen to music while working out.
Click on the button to go to the previous song from your playlist.
Click on this button to start the music player. As soon as the music starts playing, the “Play” button will convert into “Pause” button. Click on the “Pause” button to pause the music.
Click on this button to play the next song from the playlist.
Information about the ongoing song.
You can adjust the volume by sliding this button.
Click this button to go back one screen.
If you click this button, the songs from the playlist will be randomly played.
If you press this button, then the song will be automatically repeated.
Click this button to create a playlist.
1. License Agreement
2. Basic settings
3. Profile settings
4. Profile settings (not logged in or registered)
4.2. Register user
4.3. Edit info
4.4. Skip button
5. Profile settings (logged in and registered)
If this is your first time running SportyPal Pro on your phone, you will have to “Accept” the “End User License Agreement”.
Setup some of the main application settings (these options can be accessed later via the in-app settings).
|iPhone – basic settings.|
There are two possible options here, depending on whether you are logged in or not. They are explained in details in the text bellow.
Go to top
Pressing this button will open the login view. Insert your email and password so you can login to SportyPal Pro.
Attention: To log in, you will need internet connection
- Why do I need to login to SportyPal? You need to log in so you can use all the SportyPal Pro features: Upload, User info, Web Graphs, Charts, Workout Info and Stats, Results, Social Network Sharing etc. (and also the subscription features: Tracks, Plan, Goal, Sync etc.). Use this only if you previously registered with sportypal.com.
Please enter your personal data: e-mail address, password, username, weight, height, gender & date of birth.
After the successful registration, you will be forwarded to the “Welcome Screen”.
Attention: To log in, you will need internet connection.
iPhone – “Register User” screen.
If you are not already registered, click on the link to register now: http://sportypal.com/Register
Pressing this button will open “Edit my info” view. You can change your personal info here.
If you are already registered, you can change your weight, height, VO2 max, name & date of birth here.
Attention: If you do not register a new account or log in with an existing account you won’t be able to upload workouts (to your SportyPal web account) nor share workouts on social networks.
iPhone – “Register User”
You can always use SportyPal Pro to track your workouts without logging in, but you won’t be able to upload your workouts and use the web analysis and community features until you sign in or register. Sign – in is free of charge.
Clicking this button takes you to the “Welcome Screen”.
If you are logged in and registered, these three buttons will be displayed. By clicking on any of these buttons, the appropriate view will be shown.